WEIGHING SYSTEMS AND ACCESSORIES
KEMEK Engineering has more than 20 years of experience in vehicle scales application and can offer the best weighing solution meeting your needs and high product quality standards.
Train and rail weighing is crucial in virtually every aspect of rail operation, from monitoring product deliveries to avoiding overloading penalties. Some of the reasons for weighing rail cars and wagons include:
- To invoice clients for the amount of product shipped
- To ensure your shipper isn’t overcharging
- To determine the weight of cars and wagons to collect freight revenue from shippers
- To avoid overloading, which can damage cars, wagons and rail infrastructure, and avoid eccentric loading, which can lead to derailments
- For asset management to minimize high impact loads, especially at track discontinuities like track joints, turnouts and crossings
Weigh-In-Motion (WIM) systems are used on local roads and highways.
Typical system capabilities:
• Vehicle classification;
• Number of vehicle axles identification;
• Vehicle’s individual axle weight measurements;
• Vehicle’s total weight measurement;
• Number of passing vehicles fixation;
• Vehicle speed limit setting;
• Observation of weather and road surface hydrometeorological data.
Typical WIM system’s capabilities and functionality complements the secondary automated systems:
• Video surveillance and capture;
• Vehicle state registration number fixation;
• Vehicle’s bulk fixation;
• Remote data transmission, visualization.
With the help of software WIM data is recorded, analyzed and compared in various aspects:
• Fixation of authorized speed violations facts;
• monitoring and recording if the vehicle gross weight does not exceed the allowable limits;
• According to state registration numbers checking if road taxes are paid;
• Checking insurance companies, technical inspection, border control, customs and other databases;
• Testing of road load, bandwidth, general state of the calculations and projections.
KEMEK Engineering applied WIM (car transport) projects:
2002 – Latvia. Road A4
2004 – Lithuania. Border (Customs)
2004 – Lithuania. Border (Customs)
2005 – Kazakhstan. Border (Customs) 12 systems
2006 – Kazakhstan. Border (Customs) 4 Systems
2006 – Uzbekistan. Border (Customs) 2 systems
2007 – Russian Federation. Border (Customs) 7 systems
2007 – Latvia. Road A9
2009 – Lithuania. Road 131
2010 – Russian Federation. Border (Customs) 8 systems
2011 – Latvia. Road A10
2011 – Russian Federation. Border (Customs) 16 systems
2012 – Latvia. Road A1
2012 – Latvia. Road P108
Weigh-In-Motion controller "Matrix"
The original controller “Matrix” was created and optimized for truck and railway wagon weighing both in static and dynamic modes. This optimal solution ensures great reliability and almost eliminates additional engineering around the controller. Integrated industrial and network interfaces makes integration of Matrix into existing technological and bookkeeping systems easy task.
Integrated state of the art technologies and unique Weight-In-Motion algorithm makes Matrix one of the best controllers worldwide.
Without standard features for this kind of controllers, Matrix is able to:
– detect direction and speed of vehicle moving;
– weights any object moving over scales;
– automatically recognizes vehicle type (VT), quantity, number and weight of axles;
– detects distance between axles;
– performs automatic self-diagnostic and diagnostic of scales.
Additional special features:
– hardware and software are independent both from VT types and sizes;
– combined wagon/truck weighing: axle by axle; by element (group of axles) or „full length“, most precize weighing method selection and receivable result selection for particular scales and particular VT type;
– real-time, integrated, software based control of “smooth” weighing procedure and weighing result received;
– integrated multiparameter „virtual“ calibration feature enables automatic calculation of dynamic adjusting factors depending on particular scales, moving speed and even wagon position within train;
– detection of stopping on the scales and backward moving, immediately following further weighing procedure in standard way.
Matrix is able to work simultaneously with several scales. Moreover, every scale in turn could consist of several separate platforms (multiplatform scales). This feature enables to reach maximal flexibility starting from design and planning phase up to exploitation of the installed scales. Working in static mode, customer is able to choose necessary combination of scales (especially when using multiplatform scales). In dynamic mode, Matrix makes it automatically.
Using integrated Ethernet interface, Matrix is easily connectable to LAN/WAN networks, what makes possible:
– remote configuration and adjusting of parameters;
– upgrading of integrated software;
– possibility to control Matrix from remote PC;
– access to weighing data and other information.
To visualize weighing data and other information Matrix has integrated graphic Touch Screen display. In case if information is necessary for operator who is situated far from scales, operator’s PC is used for visualization and Matrix has no display.
Virtual dynamic calibration
During scales adjusting procedure controller saves initial data in his memory. That data could be used for virtual calibration. Virtual calibration is powerful and very convenient way especially if Matrix is used in big companies with enormous flow of vehicles to be weighted. During real adjustment, one has to “ride” test VT through scales several times. Specific function ofMatrix enables to do this “ride” over scales virtually and, using data received earlier make necessary calculations.
Scales for industry and logistics
In rugged industrial environments, only the most durable, well-designed equipment can withstand the tough conditions while remaining highly accurate and reliable.
Scales for lifting and loading machines
We offer weighing solutions for lifting and loading transport to save you time of weighing process.
Quality assurance in today’s production operations is all but impossible without modern checkweighers.
Industrial weighing platforms
We offer weighing platforms for every environment, application and accuracy requirement.
Crane scales and dynamometers
Industry‘s most respected line of crane scales for overhead material weighing and handling.
MSI established market leadership 20 years ago with the creation of an innovative crane scale for dependable operation in harsh marine environments. MSI crane scales utilize advanced electronics and only the highest quality materials.
The MSI-3360 CHALLENGER 2 provides the features and reliability you expect from industry‘s leading manufacturer of electronic crane scales. When you weigh quality and price, there is not a better value than the CHALLENGER 2 for indoor weighing applications up to 7.5 tons.
Every CHALLENGER 2 is NTEP approved for accuracy. Its advanced electronics offer you versatility with an unrivaled standard feature set that includes: Tare, Units switching, Totalizing, Peak Hold, Set Points, Filtering and a convenient lift-cycle counter. Mechanically, the CHALLENGER 2 has proven itself through years of service. A rugged, low-profile enclosure minimizes headroom loss while maintaining weather resistance and portability. It also sets the standard for readability. With several annunciators and oversized 1.2 in/30 mm LED digits, you can read the display easily from more than 50 ft/15 m away.
MSI-4300 Porta-Weigh Plus, considered the ultimate crane scale
To create its flagship crane scale, MSI integrated the industry‘s most advanced electronics, two decades of marine and industrial application experience, and a set of features never before offered on a crane scale. The result is the MSI-4300 Porta-Weigh Plus. It is a Bronze Award winner of Plant Engineering magazine and is recognized as the world‘s premier crane scale. The scale is powered by eight standard “D” size disposable alkaline batteries that provide up to 2,000 hours of continuous use. Battery replacement is simple and inexpensive, and requires no tools.
Additional options include: infrared remote controller; audible alarm; RS232 data output and relay output to interface with computers, printers and process controllers; and oversized top and bottom fittings.
MSI 7300 Dynamometer Dyna-Link 2
This replacement for the popular MSI-7200 Dyna-link is lighter offers improved battery life and an optional wireless display.Standard capacities from 1/2 to 250 tons. A dynamometer is tension load cell that has two holes for standard shackles. They can be used for measuring tension for in line pulling applications or weight as a substitute for a crane scale. For weighing applications the dynamometer works best for applications where the unit will be used occasionally. They are much lighter then crane scales but without a bottom hook can take longer for each pick.
Special purpose scales
Reliable and precise industrial scales for custom applications.
Industrial weighing terminals
Terminals with AC or battery operation, multi-lingual operation, a variety of mounting options and advanced over/under checkweighing, counting or filling and formulation application software can integrate into a variety of manufacturing applications.
Multi purpose scales "MATAS"
We offer easy-to-use multi-purpose scales for customers in need of a basic weighing solution for a good price.
Modernization components for scales
We supply and install all the necessary and additional components of weighing equipment in case of applying new or modernizing old weighing scales.